Monday, September 8, 2008

Massive Dynamic Allied With Credit Dauphine???

The premise of Massive Dynamic as a global corporation with vast ties to just about everything just cries out "BAD GUY", but I was holding out hope (and I still am) that there may be a sliver of good within Massive Dynamic, but with the latest ad from the Fringe comic book tie in, that hypothesis lies in doubt.

In the comic book there is an advertisement for Massive Dynamic that is brought to us by "MD Outdoors" and "Credit Dauphine". You can find the reference in the above picture right under the "M" in Massive Dynamic.

I haven't been able to dig up anything on MD Outdoors, but Credit Dauphine is a direct tie in to the front organization of SD-6, the covert criminal organization that is destroyed by Sydney Bristol in another of J.J Abrams hit shows, Alias. So, with this new information in hand, it becomes clear that Massive Dynamic is certainly up to no good. Just how deep their machinations go waits to be seen. What do you think?

2 comments:

Pair due said...

I liked the pilot of Fringe and may come to enjoy it as much as I enjoy Lost. I don't know if I can comment knowledgeably about Fringe because I didn't read a thing about it before the pilot tonight. Also, this is my first time registering on a blog site, so I hope I don't bore with the already-discussed or the obvious.

The obvious connection between MD/Fringe and CD/Alias is JJ Abrams. Maybe he puts a reference from one show into another just for fun and winks, or maybe it's to add to a sense of interconnectedness or conspiracy.

Whether these crossovers are (or become) an important part of the show depends on whether or not he has planned (or will plan) to interconnect the action/actors/basic themes of his shows. I don't know if there are any plans for a new Alias, but there's great potential for integrating Lost! with Fringe. Look at some thematic connections:
--Foremost, Dharma was about research, possibly the precursor to MD's development and applications. --Both are extremely powerful and resourceful, and have mysterious founders. --In both, the world is at stake. --Lost has its special people w/unusual mental powers. For now, I'll just single out Miles, who used his to confirm Naomi's cause of death. Fringe has technology enabling brain-to-brain communication, even w/ a corpse up to 6 hours after death. (That sounds like "Pushing Daisies", an interesting sitcom returning to ABC on 10/1.)
--Both shows have mysterious and bad (but are they totally bad?) "others", and maybe even other others. :~)
enough for tonight. Good night.

Andrew said...

pair due - Thanks for the insight, I really like the other Others thought. Keep it coming.